The San++ Automated Wet Chemistry Analyzer also known as Continuous Flow Analyzer has been designed as a modular system to meet the needs of laboratories which process a few samples or large volumes of samples. Based on the Continuous Flow Analysis (CFA) or also called Segemented Flow Analysis (SFA) technique, up to 16 analytical measurements can be made on a single sample simultaneously. With the addition of rinsing valves and software the San++ system can automate; start-up, shut-down, dilutions, re-runs, clean-up, and raw data storage.
Skalar, the world leader in wet chemistry technology, offers over 300 proven applications utilizing various combinations of automatic dilutions, additions, mixing, heating, dialysis, extractions, distillation, digestion, phase-separation, hydrolysis, ion-exchange/reduction and more. Skalar has developed a proven systematic approach to provide a quality system starting with complete applications engineered on customer samples to provide the best possible configuration to the customer needs and requirements, training and installation by qualified specialists and complete application and service support.
The Skalar range of San++ samplers offers for each routine laboratory and application the perfect match saving operators time and errors. With the unique automatic standard preparation and over range dilution facility, high workloads are fully automatically analyzed outside working hours, without any operator supervision.
Skalar Samplers offer the highest degree of automation available today with:
- Real Automatic pre- and post dilution runs
- Full automatic standard preparation
- Random access
- Automatic multiple range operation
- Built in rinse pump
- Customized sample containers and racks
- Automatic barcode reader
- Multiple sample probes
- Extended operation outside working hours with automatic start up and shut down
- Full analyzer control
The unique concept of the chemistry section has proven its performance for hundreds of applications, with maximum operator convenience and lowest routine maintenance. The latest developments in Continuous Flow Analysis (CFA) have been integrated into the chemistry modules.
The throughput of the analyzer depends upon application and can vary from 25 to 120 analyses per hour. Complex manipulations such as distillation, in-line UV digestion, extraction, etc. are incorporated on the chemistry modules.
- Robust unique double radius pump deck for accurate dosing with up to 2x 16 pump tubes.
- 2 separated pump decks for 2 x 2 channel concept.
- Controlled synchronized 10 channel air injection with separated build-in compressor for increased flow stability and fast start up.
- Easy access to chemistry modules with flexible ultra low carry-over connections between dialyzers, reactors, coils, flow cells and other components.
- Leak detection
- 3 - Cuffs long life pump tubes.
- Manual operated and automatic software controlled rinsing valves for easy automatic start up and overnight operation.
The Skalar San++ range of detectors comprises digital dual channel colorimetric detectors, the unique digital matrix correction detector with automatic background correction for specific sample matrixes, but also covers a range of detectors for I.R., UV, Fluorimetry, ISE, Flame Photometry, pH meter, Density meters, etc. The Skalar range of detectors covers all detectors required for the hundreds of Skalar field tested SFA applications available today.
Special features of the detectors for the San++ Continuous Flow Analyzer (CFA) are:
- Compact design and software controllable
- Allows the implementation of bubble gating
- Easy access and no alignment of robust flow cells
- Increased stability, sensitivity and auto-scaling by digital detectors
- Automatic matrix and blank correction
- Wide linear measuring range
The Skalar San++ Analyzers are operating worldwide for hundreds of different applications. It is for decades the reliable "workhorse" for many routine laboratories; analyzing waters, soils, fertilizer, detergents, tobacco, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages such as beer, wine, milk, etc. Skalar methods meet standard methodology whenever possible, such as EPA, ASTM, ISO, AOAC, Standard Methods, EBC, Coresta, etc., etc. and are tested in our well equipped application laboratory. Skalar San++ Analyzers are supplied with detailed method description of reagent make up, flow diagram and any information required running a specific application trouble free for many years.